New Customers Applying for a Special Hauling Permit
To have an Oversize/Overweight Permit Customer Account, follow the below steps:
How to Order Permits:
- Complete an Account Maintenance Form to establish an Oversize/Overweight Permit Customer Account for FREE. A USDOT number is required in most cases.
- Complete and E-mail the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the form with your application to:
New York State Department of Transportation
Central Permit Office, 50 Wolf Rd, 1st Floor,
Albany, NY 12232.
- Determine to apply for an Annual/Monthly or a Trip Permit.
For established Oversize/Overweight Permit Customer Accounts, follow these steps
To apply yourself
- Plot a route with our Pre-Screening Tool that works for your weight and dimensions.
- Fill out the Special Hauling Permit Application - Perm 39
Survey form is required if the vehicle/load is 14' high or over, 100' long or over, or 16' wide or over, a route. NYS Certified Escorts performs the route surveys.
- Mail completed form and all supporting documentation to the address listed on top of the form or bring it to the address listed or any one of our NYSDOT application sites.
- Make sure your account has sufficient funds. Either send a check with the application or Prefund your account.
To apply via a Service Company:
- Choose from an Authorized Permit Service Company
- Contact the Service Company and they will apply through our online system.
Direct any questions to 1-888-783-1685, Option 2, or by email to email@example.com.
For information go to www.dot.ny.gov/nypermits